Check out this City of Winnipeg Job opportunity for a 10 week internship as a library shelver for Aboriginal youth! 3 Spots available, deadline is Jan 19, 2014 🙂
In partnership, Oshki Annishinabe Nigaaniwak (OAN) and Libraries are recruiting for (3) Library Shelver positions to complete a 10-week internship, working approximately 12-hours a week.
Library Shelvers are responsible for:
· Organizing and shelving library materials to ensure public and staff have access to the collection,
· Ensuring materials are in proper order on the shelves and shifting materials to allow ease of access,
· Clearing book returns and assisting with circulation desk duties as required,
· Performing opening clean up and closing duties,
· Assisting library staff with programs, and
· Participating in the physical set up required for various library activities.
Library Shelver vacancies are located at Millennium Library, 251 Donald Street.
Successful candidates must be available to do shift work.
The salary is $10.72 per hour.
Want to learn more?
Check out the attached job posting or view it online at: http://www.winnipeg.ca/resumeol/peoplesoft/Docs/LibraryShelver_2013.pdf
If YOU are interested in this exciting opportunity, please submit your application including a detailed resume by Monday, January 19, 2014. Refer to the posting for submission instructions.
For more information on other careers within the City, please visit the City of Winnipeg’s Current Job Openings: http://winnipeg.ca/hr/
Oshki Annishinabe Nigaaniwak
City of Winnipeg¹s Aboriginal Youth Strategy