Come check us out this Friday, Selkirk Ave and Powers St, 6 PM
Let’s take a second to examine how we can take care of one another, whether you are an intro or an extrovert
JOB OPPORTUNITY !
North End Food Security Network-Urban Green Team Job Position
deadline: 5pm, May 31st
The North End Food Security Network, sponsored by The North End Community Renewal Corporation has a Urban Green Team position available. The position is 30 hours per week, from July 1 to August 31, 2013.
The North End Food Security Network exists to improve the health of North End residents through making our local food system more sustainable, accessible and equitable, using a community-based system that supports North End residents, organizations and businesses. The NEFSN Urban Green Team staff will assist the NEFSN in the planning and implementation of these opportunities.
1. North End Greening
- Assist the coordinator in establishing and maintaining community gardens in the North End of Winnipeg
- Work with other Urban green team members in greening and food security events as assigned
- Assist the coordinator in facilitating cooking classes and cooking workshops than include nutrition and budgeting components
- Assist in security outings, workshops such as composting workshops, strawberry picking and farm mentoring opportunities
- Assist in managing the Main Street Farmers’ Market
2. Office Administration
- Assist with daily office tasks that include answering the phone, filing and updating databases, photocopying, newsletter and flyer production and workshop evaluation documentation
- Develop and maintain an accurate record of all activities/initiatives
- Prepare progress reports as requested and/or required
4. Other tasks as assigned
The successful applicant will have/be:
- Between 16-24 years of age
- Strong-interest in food security & environmental sustainability issues
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good organizational skills with proven attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills and enjoy working with the public
- Good level of computer knowledge, Internet, Word and Excel
- Be self motivated and a team player
- Able to multitask and meet deadlines
- Familiarity with Winnipeg’s North End an asset
Those interested in applying for this position are invited to forward their resume before 5pm, May 31st to:
509 Selkirk Avenue
email@example.com (Subject Line: North End Food Security Network –Green Team Job position)
Fax: 204- 582-2801
Thank you for your interest. Unfortunately only candidates to be interviewed will be contacted. North End Community Renewal Corporation (NECRC), is a registered charity that is committed to the social, economic and cultural renewal of the North End of Winnipeg. For more information please visit the NECRC website at http://www.NECRC.org
Its the 3rd Belated Birthday Bash (#BBB3) of the AYO! Movement.
Shout out to the AYO! Family, AYO! Leadership Team, AYO! Supporters and our countless volunteers and amazing helpers.
Let us celebrate, meet some people, eat some cake and recieve gifts and prizes.
Happening Saturday June 1st, from 11am to 2pm at the Indian & Metis Friendship Centre at 45 Robinson!
FB link here: https://www.facebook.com/events/126625917535133/
Dear AYO! Movement
We recently received a very warm message from Rebecca, the Community Art Program Coordinator at Studio Central @ 444 Kennedy St. We have met Ernie and Lucille Bart already (they have attended the Bell Tower gathering a couple times). This awesome organization has bi-weekly bulletins – they come out every 2 weeks and all the programs/entertainment are free to the public. See this excerpt of Rebecca’s message below:
We are always looking to engage new artists from the community to participate, perform or just visit the studio. Hopefully you can share this with any interested folks who come to the Bell Tower (or anyone you might know!). The work you are doing in the community is incredible! I can’t wait to come and ring the bell soon and meet you in person.
Until then, please check out our bulletin and consider stopping by one day for a visit!
Here is the actual bulletin
Here is the contact info for Studio Central
444 Kennedy St. (2nd floor)
Box 201, Winnipeg, MB R3B 2Z1